Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Been a long time since I've posted, so here's a quick recap of the last two weeks.

First up, a visit to the Bishop's Storehouse with the stake youth, where as a final cap to the four hours of service, we have a barbeque, complete with a Danger, No Open Flame sign just behind the open flames.


These grain silos are on the property, although I doubt they are used anymore.


On Easter, Chad and Kristen and family came over and we dyed eggs out on the patio.


Alex should audition for the Blue Man Troop in Las Vegas, given he's got a head start on the hand.


Alex really got into the swing of this thing, grabbing all the white eggs one right after another to dye colors. He really got a reaction from the grown-ups when he grabbed one from the last row in the carton--they weren't hard-boiled. We let him dye one of them, which could make for an exciting bag lunch moment for someone.


Here I am, some fifty years earlier, dressed up in my Easter finery. (I'm the toddler at the far left.) Apparently my sister (just to my side) still has that Easter basket. I never had a basket like that however, I do still have that Easter bonnet.


Then, on Tuesday, we had Young Women (a church group) and taught them how to make a pillow--first you sew the four squares together (we recruited members of my quilting group to bring their machines), then bond the heart on with an iron, then sew around it. Add backing, stuffing, then sew closed. A few finished. It was a nice evening--good feelings were plentiful as they chatted and worked.


Brittney's proud of hers.


A quick trip the next weekend to see my parents. We grew up with this chair--a momento of my father's time at Harvard.


A visit to my sister, who has a fabulous older home with stained glass.


Spring flowers were everywhere. I couldn't resist.


A beautiful flower in a pink shirt up on the balcony--my mother.



No comments: