Saturday, August 01, 2009

Orange Red Pink Zeitgeist

The zeitgeist in the online quilt world this past few weeks seems to be nine-patches framed by white sashing. I see it everywhere. Here, and . . .

. . .here, and . . .

. . . here. I've also seen a lot of pink-orange-red combos. So I looked at my stash and decided I had a few pieces that would qualify.

I laid them out on the ironing board.

I cut them into 3 1/2" squares (finished 9" blocks are planned), then randomly pieced them together in strips.

Here's a few, slapped up on the pin wall.

3 comments:

The Barb Chronicles said...

LOVE IT! I love that combo. I am in love with orange lately. another quilt to add to the "barb" stack. :-)

Andrea said...

The white sashing really makes the cheerful colors pop. It's gong to be just gorgeous, I can already tell. It reminds me of a quilt I was admiring here, though not a nine patch, same sort of idea. And yes, Jacob got his treats and is savoring them. I think one of the things he likes best about them is the kids never beg to have some. Very sweet of you to mail them -- thanks!

Judy said...

You have such a great eye for color and pattern. I love it!