Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Plans

Early Morning, Southern California


My husband stepped outside early last week to take this shot of the new snow in the nearby mountains. Today it's rainy, drizzly and even though it's light-a-fire-and-curl-up-with-a-book weather, I have a lot to do.

We decided to have a Christmas Open House on December 23rd.





And on each side, are dishes I hope to make. On the left, crostini with tapenade, goat cheese and a tomato garnish. On the right, a pesto/tomato assemblage to serve with sliced, toasted baguettes.



Of course, Trader Joe's helps out with most of the ingredients pre-made, or I'd lose my mind with all the cooking. And "double of course," mine won't look like the pictures.

Dave thinks we may not have too many people since it's so close to Christmas. I don't really care as it's fun to have a party. My two-year old grandson will be there, along with other family members. With them, it will always be a party. We did get someone call last night with a regrets, and right after them, someone else called and want to bring two more. We bought the flowers at Costco in a Big Shop on Wednesday. I hope they last.

No comments: