Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday's Post: All Things Federal


What else? Department of Education
Washington, DC

Dave and I saw the movie Breach, with Chris Cooper playing a turncoat FBI agent. (We recommend it.) It reminded me that there's one thing Washington does very well: Federal Buildings.

The Archives
Washington DC
(where the Declaration of Independence is found, as well as the Constitution)



After I took this shot, a guard appeared out of nowhere and reprimanded me for taking pictures of Federal Buildings, saying it was against the law.

Another day, a guard posed for me.
Incongruencies abound in Washington DC
Dave and I thought that had to rank right up there with boring jobs in the universe: walking around a Federal building for 8 hours a day, rain or shine, shooing off the tourists with their cameras.

Door
Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC

Bureau of Engraving
Washington, DC

Dept of the Interior Building
(Not the main one)
Washington, DC

FEMA Entrance
Washington, DC


View of Federal Reserve Building, Washington Monument
Washington, DC

No comments: