Saturday, February 05, 2011

Push Cars

Our local arts center, the Culver Center for the Arts, had this display of push cars in their main atrium.  The cars were strung up like holiday decorations from a mounted beam near the ceiling, making for quite a visula impact.

Push--or pedal--cars are children's riding toys from an earlier generation.  For some reason, I remember hopping into one of these, but I don't know if we had one, if it were a neighbors.  The child would push the levers, or pedals to create movement.  Both Dave and I enjoyed this display.






The legend for the display.When I went online and tried to find out about how these were worth (all but one were perfectly restored, I was seeing the cars in the 200-500 dollar range each.  I could see my grandsons having a great time with one of these!

No comments: