Saturday, May 12, 2007

What do We Do With Our Child?

Dave and I have been working on our travel plans for this summer, frequenting Fodor's and Frommor's message boards about various destinations. This exchange, repeated verbatim below (but with names changed) was posted on the Tuscany message board. The title is: "What do we do with our child?"
*******************************
what do we do with our child?

sam&tom - 03:45pm May 10, 2007 EST

I have a question that noone else seems to have discussed. What if my partner and I want to get intimate and we are on vacation with my 11 year old daughter. What do other people do? We usually keep 2 adjoining rooms in the states but that doesn't seem to be an option in many places. We will be in Pisa, Venice and Paris. Does anyone know any intimate friendly rooms in any of the above locations. I would hate to be in the most romantic places in the world and not be even the most basically intimate.

Write a Message
jim (# 1 of 7)
03:58pm May 10, 2007 EST

oh, for goodness sakes.

John Winkler (# 2 of 7)
08:08pm May 10, 2007 EST

Two words: Summer camp.

I have a question that noone else seems to have discussed.

There may be a reason, called Beyond The Pale , but since you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Does anyone know any intimate friendly rooms in any of the above locations.

May I stop laughing now? It's beginning to hurt.

JW

sondrajesper (# 3 of 7)
09:59pm May 10, 2007 EST

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.

sct2283 (# 4 of 7)
10:02pm May 10, 2007 EST

I'm assuming your serious asking this question, but it does seem pretty silly. Why not just the two of you go if you want a romantic vacation???

rjekre (# 5 of 7)
10:57am May 11, 2007 EST

Sell her to the gypsys...just kidding!

YRkar (# 6 of 7)
03:03pm May 11, 2007 EST

Oh the sacrifices we must make for our children, eh?

If its really a problem - why not just get her a separate room, does it REALLY need to be adjoining?

maurie_j (# 7 of 7)
11:06pm May 11, 2007 EST

Yeah, I think your intimate feelings will be limited to hand holding and the quick kiss. Sorry, that's why the dog gets left at home when my BF and I wanna get our groove back. ;)

No comments: