Friday, November 23, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Sleepover

Alex came to spend the night last weekend. It was supposed to have been 3 weekends, ago, but I was sick. When I showed up at his house to pick him up, he couldn't believe it was really going to happen. He waved goodbye to his mother and said "I'll be good," and objected when his father came to carrry the carseat down--he was going by himself to Grandma's house.

We drove through In and Out, took the meal home and ate with Grandpa, played toys--a game or toy in every room, and had a bath. This was the Nerful toy room, and he enjoyed lining up all the creatures on their wheels. (This toy is hangover from my kids' days--of course it would be banned now.)


He took this photo (with a little help from Grandma).

The next night his parents and brother Andrew (above) came to pick him up. While we were having dinner, Alex came to get me, saying "Tub is cold. Toys are cold." He took my hand and dragged me upstairs. He'd been able to get the water on to a low pressure--cold--with the way our uni-handles work. He'd dumped out the toys, put the plug in: everything ready. "Cold, Grandma." So I let the water out, turned on the handle full-blast to warm and within minutes both he and his brother were fish in the warm tub, much to their parents' surprise.

No comments: