Sunday, June 07, 2009

New Windows

And then another fine day, we decided to take advantage of the Stimulus Package rebates and support the President by re-doing our windows. Here are the photos.

BEFORE


DURING

Two devices that keep Window Boys going: Super-caffeinated colas and. . .

. . . charged-up drills.

Oh yes, the sink guy was here at the same time.

Yanking out the slider frame. All the windows went in over the existing aluminum frames, except for the slider. They did new construction on that, complete with new stucco on the exterior and drywall on the interior. Actually they just wanted to cover up the contruction with molding, but we decided on the drywall.


AFTER


Look in the kitchen post, for a few more After Photos.
I keep thinking of my sister-in-law Rachelle and my sister Christine, who had full-scale remodels of their home, with workmen and mess and chaos for more than a full year.
I'd lose my marbles, I think.

No comments: