Saturday, October 21, 2006

Snarky Teacher Blog (a Tonic for Adjuncts and Others)

  

Yes, sometimes you just have to go snarky. I was alerted by my Department Chair that a student had come to talk to him. As an adjunct, this just makes the hair on your neck stand up straight. With no job security, limited contact with fellow colleagues (although those that I've talked to have been great, and I have about the best dept. chair one could wish for), it leaves an unsettled feeling knowing that a student could climb up the administrative ladder Bearing a Grudge. Needing some perspective, I visited one of my favorite sites: Rate Your Students. After reading for about an hour complaints and rants and general Heaving Ho of Frustrations off the Chest, I felt better, laughed some and realized we're all in this together by ourselves.

No comments: