Friday, October 19, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Visit, October 2007



The stems this year are strong dark stokes in a field of orange.

The Jarrahdale is my favorite--a bluey gray. One came home with me, along with a small Lumina (white), a Cinderella (my favorite), and a sugar (pie) pumpkin, very small.





Love the names--and the descriptions.

Gourds--they look like stones, but are as light as air.

I like this "patch" because there's no stooping over. They pick them all, wash them and put them on tables. One family plunked their dressed-up little girls in the middle of one of these tables for photos.






Intriguing skin on this one, although I don't know its name.


When I told Sue, the fire secretary, about my visit (I went in between my classes), she said they'd sold out to Target. She said: "One more year and they're. . . " Then she made the slashing gesture across her throat. She's full-blooded Indian with bright red hair and takes no prisoners. She's a favorite of mine.

No comments: