Sunday, October 14, 2007

Trip to Utah, October 2007

First order of the trip is lunch at Trio with my sister Susan, then a skip next door to the chocolate shop where, for the first time in my life I had Mole chocolates. Heavens! They're tasty--but spicy hot, with bits of chili decorating the top. Name of the shop is XOCOLATE.

Utah is putting out its fall colors. This tree is outside my parents' condo, and the scene below is the mountain just above them. I never tired of seeing the copper-colored foliage on the mountain.

More flora and fauna, in the way of the Utah Noodle Parlor sign. My mother said she'd never eaten there. I said I never really wanted to, but what a sign.

My father likes to paint. No, he must paint, and this is his latest, based in.

Another day we met my brother Scott for lunch, then went by the place where Dad's art is hanging. The painting is beautiful.

A visit to my Mom's and Dad's wouldn't be complete without scones. He's making some for breakfast, having soaked the dried apricots in orange juice overnight. Heavens! They're tasty.


No comments: