Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day of School

Back to school this afternoon, teaching one class from 1-3 p.m.
I like how this girl's backpack appears to show the story of Little Red Riding Hood, where the wolf attempts to overwhelm and devour the lone little young woman. Somedays I feel like Miss Hood. I haven't even started class and have received two emails from my future students. The first informed me that they were going to have surgery and would be gone from the class for some undetermined period of time after attending the initial class session. Okey, dokey, we can work around that. The second informed me that they had "Disleaxia" (dyslexia). That's all. They were just telling me.

What am I supposed to do with that information?

Welcome back, teacher.

1 comment:

La Asistente said...

It's a labor of love...and determination.