Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Foodscapes

Carl Warner, a photographer, designed and photographed these Foodscapes. Click •here• to be taken to his website, then navigate to "stills" then "foodscapes" to see more.

This is definitely a stylized version of an Italian hilltown, in my estimation. Love the cheese buildings on top of the hill.

Garlic huts--kind of reminds me of where hobbits might live. It took me a while to figure out that the ground is made from some kind of purple leafy vegetable.

Half Dome in Yosemite, done up in bread and broccoli. Given that we just watched the Rose Parade, with its mandate that everything on the float be done in flowers, I like that I happened on these foodscapes, where everything is done in food. (And yes, they got an exception for the snowboarding dogs in the parade.)

I also like Warner's ironing/laundry mountains--it's just how I envision my laundry chores.

2 comments:

La Asistente said...

This is beautiful yet really intimidating. How can I jump from looking at broccoli and liking it to eating it and liking it??

Kimberly said...

Those are awesome!!!