Saturday, August 23, 2008

One of my favorite YouTube clips is "Matt Dancing." I found this funny background clip about dancing with the Huli Wigmen on YouTube this morning. I like the comments Matt wrote about the experience, embedded on the video.



Perfect for a Saturday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Comments on the video from YouTube:
This was a surprisingly not-so-difficult clip to get. I arrived in Tari, Papua New Guinea with no plans or arrangements and no idea what I was doing.
I met Patrick on the runway and told him I hoped to find the Huli Wigmen. He said "no problem" and we hopped in a truck.
I visited some Huli villages and wandered around the area all morning. Patrick took me to the Wigmen's village and introduced me. It took them an hour or so to get dressed up, and then we had to sit around waiting for the rain to stop.
It stopped, then this happened, then I paid them for their time, and that was that.

No comments: