Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First, a look at the completed dance bag, with Dancer Keagan modeling it in the kitchen, in her jammies.

Now, a weather report.

For a person who lives in a Mediterranean climate, the scenes of snow at my daughter's were a fascination. I looked out the window of the room I was staying in after the first bit snowfall and saw one glowing light far across the gully. It was about 7:30 in the morning, and still very dark.

The next day wasn't much better, in weather terms, but I enjoyed the wintery landscape.

One afternoon the wind whipped up the clouds, and sculpted the snow on the top of the garages.

I liked the juxtaposition of the pink hummingbird juice against the monochromatic landscape. This is taken from their balcony, overlooking the gully. In spring and summer, the gully is a golf course.

This is on the morning of the last day I was there, after about a week's time and eighteen inches of snow. There was a break in the snowstorms and the morning sky was streaked with soft peach and blues.

No comments: